THANK YOU to all who helped pack Operation Christmas Child boxes this year. We were a small part of the Sumter Community packing 7,000 boxes this year!
We are participating in Operation Christmas Child again this year but as with all things it will look quite different from years past! The entire congregation is welcome and encouraged to participate. We have 48 plastic shoeboxes to pack and send to children around the world!
How to obtain a “shoebox”:
- Pick up at the church office during office hours. Call before you come, as we do not have volunteers at this time and Amanda may be away from the desk.
- Pick up from the Grunsky abode. I will put some behind my brick mailbox and they will be available anytime!
- Contact me and I will deliver one to you!
Please note that you can obtain a shoebox at retail locations, but I have purchased the plastic ones that we think are more useful to the children and families.
How to pack a “shoebox”:
- Check out www.samaritanspurse.org for full packing instructions. They have the list of what to include and what not to include.
- If you have printing capability and would like to pay the shipping fee, you can do so and print your label online. Affix to the top of your box with clear tape. If you do not have printing ability or just need help and would rather me do it, I can help with that. Just let me know gender and age of the child and I can do the rest.
- If you or someone you know needs personalized instructions or assistance, please let me know and I will assist however I need to!
How to deliver your “shoebox”:
- You may drop the completed boxes off at our house or the church. I can also come pick them up! Any method is fine!
- All shoeboxes will be delivered on November 23rd to our local collection center. As they have modified their collection system, it is best if one person delivers them so there are not too many people coming in contact with one another.
I would like to get the boxes by the morning of November 23rd so I can deliver them that early afternoon (it’s the last day of collection).
My cell is 803-240-2283. My email is email@example.com. I welcome any emails, texts or calls regarding the boxes. They reach a lot of children and families and spread the gospel all around the globe!
Thanks for always being the hands and feet of Christ!